Bwgcolman Indigenous Knowledge Centre
Palm Island Indigenous Knowledge Centre (IKC) will collect, preserve, promote, maintain and share contemporary and historical resources through: - Improving library service to the Palm Island Community. Present workshop, exhabition and activities at Palm Island Indigenous Knowlegde Centre to educate and enchance the library experience. Respecting elders, lore and the diverse groups that make up the current population of Palm Island to share information with the communtiy to acquire and digitally duplicate Palm Island material from information instituations for the community to view. Create a more meaningful library accession and description process to house resources for the future.
- Family History Community Enquires
- School Excurison - Visiting classes history talk
- Afterschool Program - Ipads, Tablets and Computers childeren using the library facility from 2:30pm-4:00pm Tuesday-Thursday
- Tech Savvy seniors to commence June 6th every Tuesday/Wednesday
- Preparing for Local History Exhabition for Open Day
- Visiting the City libraries and collecting information and implementing them in the Knowlege Centre.
8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday
For more information please visit www.ikc.org.au