Welcome to the PIAC
Palm Island, also known as Great Palm Island, or by the Aboriginal name Bwgcolman, is a tropical island with a resident community of about 5,000 people. The settlement is named variously Palm Island, the Mission, Palm Island Settlement or Palm Community.
The island is situated 65 kilometres north-west of Townsville, on the east coast of Queensland, Australia 800 kilometres north of the Tropic of Capricorn. It is the main island of the Greater Palm group, and consists of small bays, sandy beaches and steep forested mountains rising to a peak of 548 metres.
- Mon 4th : Annual Show Day- Public Holiday
- Fri 15th : NAIDOC DAY- Public Holiday
- Fri 2nd : Spring Festival Day- Public Holiday
- Mon 3rd : Queen's Birthday- Public Holiday
- Sun 25th : Christmas Day- Public Holiday
- Mon 26th : Boxing Day- Public Holiday