Welcome to the PIAC
Palm Island, also known as Great Palm Island, or by the Aboriginal name Bwgcolman, is a tropical island with a resident community of about 5,000 people. The settlement is named variously Palm Island, the Mission, Palm Island Settlement or Palm Community.
The island is situated 65 kilometres north-west of Townsville, on the east coast of Queensland, Australia 800 kilometres north of the Tropic of Capricorn. It is the main island of the Greater Palm group, and consists of small bays, sandy beaches and steep forested mountains rising to a peak of 548 metres.
- Tue 27th : Palm Island Land Trust Meeting
- Wed 28th : Council Ordinary Meeting
- Mon 3rd : Annual Show Holiday
- Tue 11th : Community Engagement Day
- Fri 14th : NAIDOC DAY (Palm Island Public Holiday)
- Tue 18th : Palm Island Land Trust Meeting