Welcome to the PIAC
Palm Island, also known as Great Palm Island, or by the Aboriginal name Bwgcolman, is a tropical island with a resident community of about 5,000 people. The settlement is named variously Palm Island, the Mission, Palm Island Settlement or Palm Community.
The island is situated 65 kilometres north-west of Townsville, on the east coast of Queensland, Australia 800 kilometres north of the Tropic of Capricorn. It is the main island of the Greater Palm group, and consists of small bays, sandy beaches and steep forested mountains rising to a peak of 548 metres.
- Tue 26th : Palm Island Land Trust Meeting
- Wed 27th : Council Ordinary Meeting
- Tue 10th : Community Engagement Day
- Tue 24th : Palm Island Land Trust Meeting
- Wed 25th : Council Ordinary Meeting
- Tue 14th : Community Engagement Day