Welcome to the PIAC
Palm Island, also known as Great Palm Island, or by the Aboriginal name Bwgcolman, is a tropical island with a resident community of about 5,000 people. The settlement is named variously Palm Island, the Mission, Palm Island Settlement or Palm Community.
The island is situated 65 kilometres north-west of Townsville, on the east coast of Queensland, Australia 800 kilometres north of the Tropic of Capricorn. It is the main island of the Greater Palm group, and consists of small bays, sandy beaches and steep forested mountains rising to a peak of 548 metres.
- Tue 30th : Palm Island Land Trust Meeting
- Wed 31st : Council Ordinary Meeting
- Fri 9th : Bwgcolman Day (Palm Island Public Hoilday)
- Tue 13th : Community Engagement Day
- Fri 16th : Strike 57 (Palm Island Public Holiday)
- Tue 27th : Palm Island Land Trust Meeting